It has been awhile since I’ve written a blog post, but I have been wanting to get back into it. Lately, I’m finding that I love to write , it’s given me such happy feels. So here we go, i wanted to write an update on my pregnancy. 

I’m not sure where the time has gone but it is absolutely flying !! I remember being pregnant with my first and it felt like it went so slow. All i could think about was baby and how many days/minutes/seconds until due date ha. This time i barely have time to remember what week pregnant I am. The boys are keeping me so busy and distracted from this pregnancy. We are half way to meeting our baby. 

Since finding out I’m pregnant, I’ve been extremely tired and exhausted. This wave of exhaustion was following me around my whole first trimester. I know this is normal but i don’t remember feeling this way with my other pregnancies, thank gosh because it’s a horrible feeling. The exhaustion left once i hit 13 weeks. I was feeling myself again, playing with the boys and going about my normal routine without repeatedly telling my husband how tired I am. 

Each pregnancy has been fairly the same, very similar symptoms. I’ve felt tired, mild headaches, frequently peeing, and extreme constipation. Pregnancy isn't always sunshine and butterflies, and I’m here to be honest with you all. I have always had constipation problems each pregnancy but this was by far the worst I’ve experienced. I’ve switched my prenatal vitamins to se if that’s the problem, but nothing seemed to be different. I’m currently taking a stool softener and that’s helping me as of now (thank god)!

I’m taking care of two fierce toddlers that don’t ever sit still, something I didn’t experience during my other two pregnancies. There is minimal time to sit down and relax this pregnancy. I’m being woken up multiple times a night by the both of them. We switched Brody to a big boy bed so he’s going through that transition. Jagger repeatedly throws his stuffed animal “Cado” out of his crib and scream cries until I go give it back to him. Meanwhile the baby is kicking reminding me he/she is here too  just a glimpse into my future  

Finally, my SPD is slowly creeping back into my life this pregnancy. For those that don’t know what that is, it’s as sexy as it sounds it stands for Symphysis Pubic Dysfunction. It is extremely painful. I experienced this the worst pregnant with Brody, I’m thinking because he was breech. It causes pain in everyday activities like getting dressed, walking, getting in and out of bed, rolling over in bed, working out and many other daily things. When I had this with Brody there were many days I would be in tears because of how much pain I was in. It was unbearable. I’m no where near the same pain and discomfort, but I’m only half way so I’m feeling anxious. 

What causes it? 

Your body produces a hormone which makes the ligaments in your joints basically too loose, creating little stability. 

My OBGYN recommended physical therapy when I was pregnant with Brody, and gave me a list of remembered exercises to do at home to help strengthen my pubic bone. I’ve started doing some of the exercises already hoping that will help.

Its ok to vent about things going on in your life, holding it in is not healthy. 

I’m simply sharing this information with you in case there are others going through something similar and can relate. I’m not looking for sympathy, just want to be raw and open about pregnancy with all of you.


I’m so grateful to be pregnant. I think about our baby all day long and how excited I am to be having another one. Focusing on the positive and looking forward to growing my family.